Good morning, Fear the Wall.
According to BuliNews, Borussia Dortmund showed significant interest in signing Lukas Klostermann in the Spring of 2020. In the end, however, Klostermann chose to sign a new deal with RB Leipzig in May, extending until 2024. In hindsight, this isn’t the worst news in the world, as Mats Hummels and Manuel Akanji have both been excellent, and Klostermann would surely expect to be more than a depth option (even though he has to compete with Willi Orban and Dayot Upamecano at Leipzig.)
The other day, Michael Zorc clarified that Borussia Dortmund don’t have any plans for significant transfers over the January window, but there are other clubs around the Bundesliga that are still wheeling and dealing.
- According to BuliNews, Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Denis Zakaria has downplayed a potential transfer to Bayern Munich.
- Also according to BuliNews, RB Leipzig may be interested in VFB Striker and former BVB midfielder Orel Mangala.
- According to ESPN, Liverpool and Real Madrid are both chasing Bayern Munich’s David Alaba.
- According to football.london, Tottenham Hotspur may be interested in signing VFL Wolfsburg’s Wout Weghorst.
- According to l’Équipe, Borussia Monchengladbach are closing in on Manu Koné, a 19-year-old midfielder from Toulouse FC.
The Daily Buzz
What lineup are you expecting for tomorrow’s match against RB Leipzig?