Here at FTW, we strive to be the best English-language source for Borussia Dortmund-related news and analysis. While I’m very thankful for the team of writers we have right now, there just aren’t enough of us to adequately cover all the breaking news and provide as much analysis as I’d like. I have big hopes that this community can continue to grow and thrive, but in order to do so, we’re going to need a few more hands.
That’s why today, I’m putting out a call for new writers to all members of the FTW community. As new members of the team, you would jump right in and help out with breaking news and match previews as well as basically any opinion pieces or satires that you’d like.
In particular we are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Professional or academic writing experience
- Decent understanding of football tactics and statistics
- Availability during United States/EST business hours
- Knowledge of German is a plus, but not required.
Before you apply, please consider the fact that writing for FTW will be at least something of a time commitment. Over the years, we’ve had numerous writers eagerly join only to drop out within a month after realizing that it sometimes takes a few hours of your time in a week. While this is a volunteer position and we don’t have a hard article quota, it would frankly be a waste of your time and ours if you joined only to contribute once in a blue moon.
If you’re interested, please send an email to email@example.com. In the body of the email, please give:
- A brief description of your background including where you are from, where you attended/are currently attending university, or any professional experience you feel may be relevant. Feel free to include a CV, but don’t feel obligated to.
- How you became a Borussia Dortmund fan, what your favorite BVB memory is, and why.
- Your rough weekly availability.
In addition to the above information, please attach a writing sample. It doesn’t need to be related to BVB or even to football, as long as it demonstrates your capabilities as a writer. All applications will be reviewed and considered on a rolling basis.