BVB has announced that there has been an incident near the team bus on the way to the stadium today. One person is reported injured. Not much more information is exact or available but there currently is much speculation.
Reports are that the injured person may be Marc Bartra as BILD is currently reporting. BILD, RN and other local sources are reporting that there was an explosion.
Please everyone try to keep speculation down to a minimum as reports come in. BVB has said that one player is safe at the hospital in a quick statement on twitter. Dortmund also said that the stadium is safe. There are still fans gathering in the stadium early for the game as custom.
Bombenexplosion am Mannschaftsbus am Mannschaftshotel. Spieler in Sicherheit. Keine Gefahr im und am Stadion. Weitere Infos folgen. #bvbasm— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) April 11, 2017
We will try to keep you all up to date as the news breaks. So far there is no news whether the game will be canceled. Keep up with us here and on twitter to stay up to date on all the information as we get it.
Update 2:17 EST: Łukasz Piszczek confirms Marc Bartra’s injury is not severe, just a cut on the hand.
Update: 2:30: The match has been called off. Game will be tomorrow
Update: Marc Bartra has undergone surgery on his wrist