Good morning everyone! I hope you’re enjoying the international break.
Here’s a quick recap of all the playoff rounds:
- Australia defeated Honduras (3-1 Agg)
- Switzerland defeated Northern Ireland (1-0 Agg)
- Croatia defeated Greece (4-1 Agg)
- Denmark rolled the Republic of Ireland (5-1 Agg)
Some of you remember that I root for Switzerland in international tournaments, so I’m very happy that they’ll be going to the World Cup. Other than that, it’ll be strange to see big names like Italy, the Netherlands, and the Honduras (any other big names? Nope, that’s it) missing the World Cup.
On to the Links:
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang says he must get back to scoring. I agree. (LINK)
- The Bus Bombing plotter’s trial is scheduled to begin in December (LINK)
- To entertain themselves during the international break, our friends at Cartilage Free Captain used a name generator to create an entire league of fake football clubs, and the results are hilarious. (LINK)
- Will Barcelona sign Antoine Griezmann? (LINK)
- Look at him with his lil’ scarf!
✨ „leuchte auf“ finanziert Therapiehund-Besuche im Kinderhospiz https://t.co/YqwBJ2quq9 pic.twitter.com/oFhmRvFGub— Borussia Dortmund (@BVB) November 15, 2017
I assume many Americans will still watch the World Cup even with the USMNT out. Who will you be rooting for?