In our last friendly before our game vs Werder Bremen, BVB win 3-0 vs Standard Liege. The goals were from Christian Pulisic, Felix Passlack and Raphael Guerreiro.
- Pulisic looked great today. His goal exhibited patience and calmness that someone his age rarely has. He had some other great chances in the first half as well, notably a shot into goal that was called offsides. Just like last January the young american is showing he has what it takes to be a starting player on an elite team.
- Both Sokratis and Merino went down injured this game. Not good Bob
- Bartra didn’t look too bad when he came in for injured Sokratis. he was solid and locked down some Liege chances. Hopefully he’ll be back to September Bartra against Werder.
- The second half went as well as the first. Passlack scored a nice goal as he continues his road to being the next big thing in Dortmund. Also Park played in the midfield(???) which is a thing now I guess.
- One of the biggest stories of the second half is Raphael Guerreiro making his first appearance since November 5th. Raph played great fro BVB up until his injury and if he can be healthy for the entire second half of the season it’ll makes a huge difference for out league and cup goals. Just to make sure everyone knows he’s back, Raph scored the last goal of the game to put BVB up 3-0. Yay!
Really not much more to say about this game. Well see the full results of our winter training when we play Werder Bremen on the 21st.